Whether you've been tinkering with IT or are completely new to the field, you've come to the right place! This five-course certificate, developed by Google, includes an innovative curriculum designed to prepare you for an entry-level role in IT support. Through a mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hands-on labs and widgets, participants will be introduced to troubleshooting and customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration and security. This program consists of a substantial amount of coursework completed through the Coursera online course management system. Each course is estimated to take between 10-15 hours per week, with the option to speed ahead to graded assessments based on prior knowledge. In addition to the online coursework, participants are required to attend one live session per month, either in-person or through video conference. Participants will have up to eight months to complete the certificate.
This course includes the following subject topics:
Seeking Program Participants!
- Technical Support Fundamentals
- The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
- Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
- System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
- IT Security: Defense against the Digital Dark Arts
This certificate program is part of a special IT grant from Google, in partnership with Jobs for the Future (JFF) and Jackson College. Individuals interested in participating in the certificate program will be expected to provide feedback on the course and respond to the evaluation team surveys that will occur during and after completion.
Additional Course Requirements:
- Participants must have regular Internet access on a computer in order to successfully complete this course.
- Participants are required to attend one live session per month, either in-person or through video conference.